26 November 2007

Pit

I knew there was a reason I couldn't completely relax once shooting ended. Now I'm in the middle of that reason and it's making me feel like I have a pit in my stomach. During the shoot, an LCD viewer broke when it fell off the camera. Though it was an accident, it was mostly my fault, so I took responsibility. No big deal. However, when the shoot ended, I later found out that something had been broken without anyone's knowledge. Enter the huge mess I'm not in the middle of. My production manager, who barely speaks English called Jesse, someone from my program who was on the set when this lens may have broken. He told Jesse that glass broke and he needed someone to be liable, Jesse said Filip (my production manager) could use his name because Filip assured Jesse everything would be fine, he just needed a liable party. Not as clean cut as we all thought it would be. Filip took Jesse's favor as claiming responsibility for the broken item. Now I'm trying to sort this whole thing out, because Jesse didn't touch any lenses, he barely touched anything the whole time because Filip had assembled a full crew without my needing anyone from the AU program.

I'm so tired of being stressed out about this project. I just want to finish and go home. On that note, I'll be home Dec. 16th fairly early in the afternoon. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh dear Meghan! I'm sorry that this ordeal continues for you, but as you say, in just a couple of weeks, you will be home. And we'll all be happy to see you!