12 September 2007

FINALLY!

Well, after many attempts, internet has finally been set up in my studio apartment. I've also added a video bar which is connected to my YouTube page, so my films are available for viewing as well. Since it's been close to a week, I'm going to break this entry down into multiples, because otherwise, this would be too long.

Anyway, the day after Cristian and I went out with the Latinos/as from the hostel, we decided to spend the day wandering the city again. Just as we were leaving, another student from our program arrived, Jesse. We waited for Amy to answer his questions and helped bring his suitcases upstairs before the three of us headed out. We all had sesame chicken at a Chinese place, the chicken is cooked in bread then dipped into sesame sauce, different, but still tasty. We essentially ended up walking the same way I did the day before. Once I got tired, I went home, turns out Jesse and Cristian got tired shortly after I did, because they were home about twenty minutes later. Jesse fell asleep pretty quickly, and so did Cristian and I.

The next day was slightly more eventful. Friday was really fantastic, and the three of us ended up walking around until early afternoon. We ended up at the Charles Bridge, which is a walking bridge decorated with statues and crowded with merchants and tourists. There are towers on either end of the bridge and $2/40Kc get you access to them. Now that I've been a few more places, let me tell you, there are so many places to get an amazing view. These towers, though they're not terribly high, give an excellent perspective on the city. Cristian and I took a lot of pictures, here's one of Jesse as well. While on the Charles Bridge, we browsed the art and the crafts of the different vendors. We found a few that offered excellent drawings and etchings of the city. I'm going to have to start posting the pictures in other places, I've already taken a few hundred. I'm not sure how many of them are well done or do the actual sites justice, but it's better than nothing.

Anyway, I had to get back from the walk first, because Amy was going to help me move to my apartment for the semester. I'll post a video of it shortly, now that I'm unpacked. I'm living in a studio, it's small, but very cozy. I have almost everything I need, and four guys from my program live across the hall with a kitchen and washer. We're about a block and a half from trams and the metro, another block from a major shopping center with a bowling alley and movie theater. The building is very nice, we're on the top floor and a block and a half from the river, another block from one of the southern bridges. FAMU is about a half hour walk to the furthest Northern Building, fifteen to twenty minutes from the building across from the National Theater. Anyway, once I finished moving in, the guys and I went out for dinner together. I pretty much crashed after that.

Praha LP.1

No comments: